October 9, 2005

Hitting the dancefloor, and hit it we did!

Once we arrived in seattle after many trying times, (see spence-a-lick.blogspot) Spence and I needed to get our groove on...the dancefloor that is! Starting out at a club called "R place" we weren't yet feeling the groove, after two drinks I realized my groove still had not found me and would not find me in a dark hip hop club, I would go find it myself! Our next move was to split a red bull and taxi ride to "Neighbors" upon entering the club with our best strut, the music and energy of Seattle hit us just right, and we were off! We ordered 2 more vodka redbulls, "extra red bull!" I said to the bar tender " and extra vodka!" added spence. Ladies, those may as well have been liquid Crack, because I have never danced so hard in my life (more than one person asked where they could get some "good stuff" I just pointed to the bar tender who had taken such good care of us and went back to my dancing, as the night went on the dance floor got more and more busy, hence our space to dance was less and less so occasionaly some one would take an elbow or hand from one of our extreme moves, but we had no time for apologies, well karma came back at me when in the middle of a move I call The Praise Jesus, spence and I bumped when we should have bounced and between my high arches and the alcohol I could feel myself going down! Before I could think "this is not happening" I hit the floor backwards on all fours like I was playing twister, I guess without me spences center of gravity was off because he came collapsing down on top of me, and when your 6'3" thats a long fall, but in less than 1 second spence was up and I followed, I wanted to run off the dancefloor with my face in my hands but, Spence grabbed me and said "just keep dancing and no one will notice", we went back into our routine and sure enough hardly anyone noticed except the lady who's leg I hit going down, so when she asked if we were alright I just smiled and said "Honey, it's just part of the show."

No comments: